"To accelerate residential energy efficiency in Duluth and throughout Northern Minnesota by assisting homeowners with understanding and completing cost effective energy improvements."
DEEP’s goals include moving residents from knowledge of energy efficiency into making their home more energy efficient, healthy and comfortable. DEEP helps homeowners save money, conserve energy, and reduce their impact on the environment.
We are a community-based energy agency that offers a "One-Stop-Shop" for information about household energy improvements, low-interest financing, access to rebates, grants and other incentives for homeowners of all income levels. We work in coordination with other community housing and energy organizations.
DEEP is a program of Ecolibrium3.
DEEP can help you…
- Save energy. Save money.
- Learn more about your home
- Identify and prioritize home energy improvements
- Access grants, loans, rebates and other incentives
- Get the work done right
What will this do for me?
- Reduce your energy bills
- Improve the comfort of your home
- Keep energy dollars in your local economy
- Help protect the environment
DEEP serves all income levels
Join us on Facebook!
Duluth Economic Impact
- As of 2009, Duluth exported $200 million a year to pay for energy costs. 40% of energy is consumed by buildings. Duluth’s very cold climate, combined with the age of Duluth’s housing stock (50% of homes are more than 80 years old), indicate an opportunity to reduce energy use by weatherizing and air sealing buildings.
- 20-30% energy savings can be achieved through building envelope and mechanical system improvements, thus reducing carbon emissions. DEEP will assist the City of Duluth in reaching its 20% carbon reduction by 2020 and the local utilities in meeting the required Conservation Improvement Program (CIP) 1.5% annual energy use reduction.